I'm working on the game of Concentration. When you match 2 squares I want to blink a label caption "MATCH" say 3 or 4 times then hide it. The problem is I want the program to stop until the blinking ends then continue. I use a timer to make the caption blink but am not sure how to stop the program until the blinking is done. Any help would be appreciated!

john

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

u can show the blinking label in a separate form. when users match the squares disable current form(me.enable=false) and then display the form with blinking label in vbmodal mode(form2.show vbmodal).after the specified time of blinking disable the timer(timer1.interval=0),close the form(unload me) and enable the game form(form1.enable=true).

u can show the blinking label in a separate form. when users match the squares disable current form(me.enable=false) and then display the form with blinking label in vbmodal mode(form2.show vbmodal).after the specified time of blinking disable the timer(timer1.interval=0),close the form(unload me) and enable the game form(form1.enable=true).

So what you are saying is there is no way to blink a lable on the form that is showing, say for 3 to 5 seconds, then hide the lable and continue with the program.

Hmmm....I'll have to do a little more searching on this one.

Thanks for the reply

John

I found the answer I was looking for in a post by sendoshin titled Problem with timer(urgent). Here he discusses several VERY GOOD ways to use the timer in VB

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.