hi
can i be some examples of store mgt projects example live online.for reference.i need some guidance for my project.
what is documentation in software designing.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

check sourceforge.net, do not just download and submit as your assignment,you will get caught.

hi
can i be some examples of store mgt projects example live online.for reference.i need some guidance for my project.
what is documentation in software designing.

See, Darshna, a Stores Mgmnt consists of a database where we store the commodities (Stock) as a table having unique partno,description,qty,ListPrice,CostPrice etc.etc. This is only for your project. Here, four more tables you better create. One to hold customer details, another one for vendor details, third one for purchase details and fourth one for the invoice details.

Your program should be able to inward goods through a form which will be updated by you with the vendor as well as the stock tables.
(here you should get all the details of the vendor and issue a unique code if he is new else it has to search in your table vendor, for existing vendors. same way the partno,qty,costprice,taxes etc.)
Update stock file as well as purchase file.

Another form is the invoice. where you will be generating invoiceno sequentially, getting the date,partno,qty. then you will search the stock file for this item. if qty>=invoice qty you will allowe the invoice for that item, else warn the user that there is not enough qty in stock. Continue till the user press print. before the print update the stock from the form. There should be option for cash sale and credit sale. If credit sale the customer table is to be updated with the total invoice value.

This is a simple project. Later we can give all the sophystication you want. Get back to me after doing this much.

PROGRAM DOCUMENTATION IS NOTHING BUT EXPLAINING A PIECE OF CODE IN PLAIN ENGLISH AS A COMMENT. THIS IS HELPFUL FOR THE PROGRAMMER AT LATER STAGE TO MAKE CHANGES IN HIS/HER PROGRAM. IT ALSO HELPS OTHER PROGRAMERS TO MODIFY YOUR SOURCE CODE.

OTHER DOCUMENTAION FALLS UNDER OPERATIONAL MANNUALS. WE WILL DISCUSS THIS PART IN LATER STAGES.

HAPPY PROGRAMMING

AV Manoharan

i got it.ive done my paper work for designing.
ur explanation worked.
but what if the table of customers details is not to be prepared.as there are stores which do not have regular customers all the time.where will they fit in.
while doing my context diagrams ive my 2nd level done.What does 3rd level consists. where will the staff and its processes fit in.
i referenced sample books but they only make things worse.
plz help

If regular customers are not there all the time meanse you are taking a chance. In programming you have to think about all possibilties that are present and that will happen in future. If you don't require it, the customer reference can be avoided and make every transaction a CASH Transaction.

Context Diagrams have many stages. If one stage is OK and approved, a designer goes in to next stage, else either it will be revised or droped. If revised again an approval is required.

In your thrird stage now you are concentrating on the employee pttern and Process. The same way as the previous two you proceed. Think about the personnel that are reqired to keep each of your subsystems so that at the end it evolves to your whole system. Factorisation will lead to simplicity and easiness and ofcourse, it takes time in designing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.