Hi ,

I'm running a batch file which contains the content

D:\apps\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1\bin\Publisher -Xms256m -Xmx512m -cp .;"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\jdom.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\common_db.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\mail.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\activation.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\log4j.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\oracle12.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\xmlParserAPIs.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\commonclasses.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\classes102.zip";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\jintegra.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\excelXP.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\word.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\powerpoint.jar";"D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\PublisherIIRMIServer.jar";"D:\apps\jsse1.0.3_03\lib\jcert.jar";"D:\apps\jsse1.0.3_03\lib\jsse.jar";"D:\apps\jsse1.0.3_03\lib\jnet.jar"; -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=D:\apps\jsse1.0.3_03\lib\dapstore -Djava.security.policy=D:\rc\grt\PublisherIIRMIServer\RMIPOLICY\java.policy -Djava.rmi.server.logCalls=true com.db.grt.server.ImplPublisherServer

but i'm getting the error as

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
at com.db.grt.server.ReadServerProperty.setProperties(ReadServerProperty
.java:291)
at com.db.grt.server.ReadServerProperty.<init>(ReadServerProperty.java:1
24)
at com.db.grt.server.ReadServerProperty.getInstance(ReadServerProperty.j
ava:86)
at com.db.grt.server.ImplPublisherServer.<init>(ImplPublisherServer.java
:56)
at com.db.grt.server.ImplPublisherServer.main(ImplPublisherServer.java:1
203)

all jar files are in the proper place , but i'm unable to understand what

is

-Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol

-Djava.rmi.server.logCalls=true com.db.grt.server.ImplPublisherServer

That batch file is used to kick start RMI server.

Thanks,
venu

Contributors
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Ezzaral

I would imagine that you have inconsistent versions of the jar files. It seems to see the class fine, else you would get a NoClassDefFound error. NoSuchMethod errors occur when the program can't find a matching method signature on the class. If you have installed any new jars or tried to swap different jars into your installation, there is probably an API conflict.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.