Hi, i am new to this forum, and new to c programming. I have an assignment to write a program in c which asks the user to type in a file name (already existing) for which he wants to do processing. The size of the file is not known so memory for reading it has to be allocated dynamically. The program then looks for the 7th occurence of all phrases if they exits, of all lengths, and puts the dollar sign $$$ before and after the phrase. Then it looks for the 10th occurence of all words, and replaces it with the word "warning."
The other part of the assignment, was to design a tic tac game with spaces and words for placing and replacing. I understood this one so i did it already. I just dont understand how to proceed with the one above. Please help me out.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

>> The program then looks for the 7th occurence of all phrases if they exits

I don't understand that one either. Did you quote the assignment correctly or did you just attempt to paraphrase it?

>> The program then looks for the 7th occurence of all phrases if they exits

I don't understand that one either. Did you quote the assignment correctly or did you just attempt to paraphrase it?

hi i'm sorry i misquoted the question. The phrase give was "the day before," and the word given was "documents"

You'll have to elaborate. Post the whole sentence.

Well, it looks like you need to know about:

How much experience do you have with each of those?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.