I have both smartwin and devc++ on my computer. I am trying to develop a graphical user interface but when i try to import the smartwin.h file it fails. This is because the dev c++ can not see it. It says no such file or directory.

The devC++ standard library files are in C:\Dev-Cpp\lib and the header files in C:\DevC++\include. On the other hand the smartwin header files are in c:\SmartWin\smartwin\include and SmartWin\smartwin\include\smartwin. How do I tell devC++ where to find the smartwin header files and libraries? In VC++ 2005 one sets them under linker and c\c++. is there a devc++ equivalent and where do i find it?

Also. What exactly is smartwin? Is it only a library for making GUIs or is it actually a compiler and an IDE? Can I develop with it and if so how do I specify the location of dll and header files?

Lastly. Can I specify the location of smartwin header and lib files in VC++ 2005 and then develop win32 console apps and write code to include smartwin and develop GUIs from there?

I would really appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

Contributors
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Hamrick

I bet there's an include path for libraries in the project settings. You should look there and see if you can find anything.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.