Hi Techis...
I am given an assignment of writing a C program which behaves as assembler. That is implementing assmbler using C. I ll have set of assemply statements. I need to convert those into the machine equivalent binary representation. I ll have two data structures to keep track of symbols and the operation code. These data structures need to be implemented using hash table technigue ...
Now i am stuck with the coding part of it. First is that how to convert the stuff into binary representaion and the hash table in C. Can anybody help in this?? I searched here , i cud not find. If i have missed any post related to this, pls let me know.

Thanks in advance.

10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by amitbhat

For such things, look sometimes at freashmeat or SourceForge, there are many c programs, you likely can find there examples about whatever you are going to do. For example, Simple Generic Assembler http://sourceforge.net/projects/sgasm This is a very simple assembler, seemingly made also without yacc or bison, written in c.

I looked into it. But could not get anything out of it. Planning to write manually . I jst need a C program which implementing hash table. for time being we ll forget abt the assbler implementation.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.