I want to do a project on J2me where from my mobile I can lock the car , switch off my light and can be able to different household works .Can anybody provide me some tutorials or suggestion so thath I can proceed for my project ?? plz provide some idea

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I really need help

and can be able to different household works

That doesn't make any sense.

To unlock the car, your mobile would need to be able to send out the frequency the car remote does, and have the right code. To control the lights that way, you'd need the right hardware installed in the car to do that. (need some radioshack parts) As for controlling lights in a house, again I believe you would need special hardware installed for receiving events sent from a phone. And even then, it's all going to depend on what your phone is capable of doing.

yah! you need a lot of things. You just can not write a piece of code which will make your mobile working for your car... lol.. i wish it wud happen... ;)... if you have enough energy and time to learn, you should start learning embedded programming both hardware and software side, which will make you able to solve such problems.

What phone do you have?
What comunication Ports do you have on it?
What system does your cars locking system use?
Why go for a Java Based solution?
Why use the mobile phone for this task?

Why not build your own "one control for all system"?

Does your Locking system come with a radio key?

I can help you with some more information.

The thing is I could use a stone to unlock your car but it is going to cause damage.

But if that stone talks the same language as your locking system then the stone does not need to smash the window.

Get back to me.

can i ask somthing...im an IT student...we have a project ti be made in the Laboratory.... the time is not enough so i try to practice it in my house...but i cant compile it here in my computer..please help me..
here's the error

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: mynote/java
Exception in thread "main"

You tried to do "java mynote.java" when you should be doing "java mynote" after compiling. Than again, seeing as how you are talking about compiling you may have done "java mynote.java" when you should have done "javac mynote.java".

And, start your own thread when you have a question rather than hijacking another.

What phone do you have?
What comunication Ports do you have on it?
What system does your cars locking system use?
Why go for a Java Based solution?
Why use the mobile phone for this task?

Why not build your own "one control for all system"?

Does your Locking system come with a radio key?

I can help you with some more information.

The thing is I could use a stone to unlock your car but it is going to cause damage.

But if that stone talks the same language as your locking system then the stone does not need to smash the window.

Get back to me.

I thought of this things ===

For phone I thought java enabled mobile phone with IR port

For communication I thought of IR port which will be programmed by java

For Car locking I thought to use :: mic, DTMF decoder IC connected to a microcontroller, which controls a whole bunch of relays

I thought of java because : mobile(j2me)-network(TCP/IP)

Mobile phone I wanna use coz now everybody can afford it
Already some phone ( one of them : Samsung SGH-i750 ) can do household control

This is what I thought but donno How to implement my ideas , I am vigorously looking for a good tutorial .
Plz elaborate your ideas:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.