I'm trying to write a small text editor in wxWidgets, using wxDev-Cpp. So far, all is well. However, for the life of me I can't work out how to print (As in, onto paper). As far as I can deduce, I need to use the wxPrinter class. Browsing the wxWidgets manual, though, proved a fruitless experience, as it might as well be written in chinese! Can anyone give me a simple way of printing the contents of an edit control?

Ben Ward

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I'm trying to write a small text editor in wxWidgets, using wxDev-Cpp. So far, all is well. However, for the life of me I can't work out how to print (As in, onto paper). As far as I can deduce, I need to use the wxPrinter class. Browsing the wxWidgets manual, though, proved a fruitless experience, as it might as well be written in chinese! Can anyone give me a simple way of printing the contents of an edit control?

Ben Ward

When I use wxDevC++, I get a 'can't find -lwxmsw28' error... How did you get it to work?

When I use wxDevC++, I get a 'can't find -lwxmsw28' error... How did you get it to work?

Save yourself some pains and download codelite

Save yourself some pains and download codelite

Has the codelite visual designer for wxWidgets like wxDevC++ ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.