Hi guys this is my first post on here so im sorry if its not done properly its just i have spent several hours trying to solve this problem already and I am starting to get very frustrated.

Basically I have create a basic HTML editor using visual basic 6, I have everything working with exception to opening a html file back into my Rich Text Box. I have saved to the file using showsave and am wanting to open the file using showopen. I have got the showopen code in place and it is picking up the correct file, I know this because it will let me use the filetitle as the caption of my form - my probelm is it will not copy the content back from the html file to the RTB.

I have tried many things and am getting so frustrated pleases help

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi,

I don't know what IDE you are using but if VB You can't use the richtext control to display an html file?? and even if you used the .filename property you will get the html source of the file instead of the content. An OLE object will not work even. You will need to use a webbrowser
through adding the component "
Microsoft Internet Controls". And then call the file using the Navigate function ex: Me.WebBrowser1.Navigate "c:\temp.htm".

Hi,

I don't know what IDE you are using but if VB You can't use the richtext control to display an html file?? and even if you used the .filename property you will get the html source of the file instead of the content. An OLE object will not work even. You will need to use a webbrowser
through adding the component "
Microsoft Internet Controls". And then call the file using the Navigate function ex: Me.WebBrowser1.Navigate "c:\temp.htm".

I appreciate the reply, maybe i was not fully clear of my problem let me try again.

I have constructed a simple html editor / wysiwyg program that allows the user to preview their work in a web browser. I have already coded the browser part and the code that generates the html and the wysiwyg part. I have also managed to save the file from the editor to a .html file.

I know this is working because i can open the file using firefox and preview it. My problem comes when trying to load the source code back from that file to the program. I figured because the source code is already displayed/created in a rich text box on my source tab (similar to dreamweaver) then i should be able to take the source from the html file and load it back into the RTB to edit. I am using visual basic 6 - Sorry if my post didnt make much sense earlier I had been looking for hours and was almost sick of trying. I hope this one made more sense

no takers then?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.