Okay... So I'm taking this c++ class. It's accelerated and I started off great but now... not so much. I've been searching the net trying to find a group of tutorials with quick examples for beginners. Something that clearly shows how to write and call functions. Read in data from a file... This class has totally left me behind and I need desperately to catch up. The text book assigned to the class isn't very helpful so if anyone knows of a location to find some tutorials for references I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
Girl Interrupted
:confused:

I would suggest that Google is your friend. Search for c++ tutorials and you'll find many. Only you can tell if one is suitable to your needs.

Beware of any that still use the older standards for C++ - you'll spot these when they use header files such as <iostream.h> <fstream.h> and many other libraries ending in ".h" (although some of the .h from the C libraries are still used.)

Is there any specific topic that is giving you problems?

Val

> So I'm taking this c++ class. It's accelerated and I started off great but now... not so much
Perhaps you chose the wrong class then.

Talking to your tutor would be a good idea at this stage, especially if this is early on in the course. Maybe you can get bumped onto an easier schedule.

Salem is right...

>>to find a group of tutorials with quick examples for beginners
I am not a fan of tutorials...maybe you should try reading a {beginner or intermediate} book on c++.....

If you get a book (which I would recommend if you're not satisfied with the current text) I would recommend this
I have the 2nd edition of this book and so far in my college career, this has been the best written text book I've used.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.