Hi community members,

This is an S.O.S going out to all and any in the group that can offer me help. I am still an amateur programmer using VB6. My computer has been acting up lately and I was forced to restore it to its original settings. I did back up work on my travel drive, but something still went wrong. I lost all my work.

Question: How do I recover my work? I tried using a recovery software down loaded from the web. It at best found bits of the saved work but the sizes found is not any where near what the total size is suppose to be. Also, How do I put it all together for it to work as per before my ordeal? Thanks in advance to all you kind people.

Jim

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

There is a program called EasyRecover which I have used in the past. It's really good. However, if in restoring you computer you wrote over the areas which your program was on your hard drive, its probably gone for good. Try running the recover software on your thumb drive too.

Final Data is one of the best recovery software

Voila! Easy recovery Did it. Thanks a ton, Agrothe, and all you other kind Daniweb community users who offered suggestions... Deeply appreciate your help.

Jimwall80

Voila! Easy recovery Did it. Thanks a ton, Agrothe, and all you other kind Daniweb community users who offered suggestions... Deeply appreciate your help.

Jimwall80

I'm glad you got your work back. I've been there, done that, burnt the tshirt....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.