Can any one help me in generating a billing report in java without using any reporting tool.
I should get the header, footer and pagebreaks.If the billing takes two pages then header should cum in first page and footer in last page..please help me I would be favourable for u help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You could try to use Fop or Jfor

Fop can create pdf files from a java application.

JFor can create rtf files (editable in MS Word).

Iam new to this can u plz gve some urls where I get some example to test.plz

Can any one help me in generating a billing report in java without using any reporting tool.
I should get the header, footer and pagebreaks.If the billing takes two pages then header should cum in first page and footer in last page..please help me I would be favourable for u help.

Judging from you other thread, I thought there wasn't much time to get this implemented, and you are still here looking to start? Well, that doesn't seem all that time critical to me anymore. Google for a reporting tool API (such as Crystal Reports or whatever the hell it's called), implement it, and get it over with. By now, you could have already have gotten it done. And if you can't do that, then get on with some coding. I gave you one possible solution (a quick and dirty one, but it would work) in your other thread.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.