i want to load bulk data files dynamically inot mysql database by using visual basic as front end.
i want to get the filepaths dynamically i.e i just enter the file name into textbox and it will automatically load the data into the database.
i have written this code

myCommand.CommandText = "LOAD DATA INFILE '?filename' into table configparams columns terminated by ',' enclosed by '""' lines starting by '""'"

myCommand.Connection = conn

myCommand.Parameters.AddWithValue("?filename", filename)
but with this code is not able to get the desired filepath

can anyone help me out plz

this is what i want to do dynamically with the help of parameters.
what i want is that user just enter the filename along with the path in the textbox and then the code automatically put the data of the file into database.

i can also fix the path the path of the file but i want the filename dynamically.

i have written this code.

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click

Dim conn As New MySqlConnection
Dim myCommand As New MySqlCommand
Dim myAdapter As New MySqlDataAdapter
Dim myData As New DataTable

conn = New MySqlConnection()
conn.ConnectionString = "server=localhost " & ";" _
& "user id= root " & ";" _
& "password= cricket" & ";" _
& "database=systemconfiguration"

Dim filename As String

Dim fs As FileStream = New FileStream(textbox.text, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read)
(textbox.text is a textbox through which i want to give the filename or full filepath.)

FileSize = fs.Length
rawData = New Byte(FileSize) {}
fs.Read(rawData, 0, FileSize)
fs.Close()

myCommand.Connection = conn
myCommand.CommandText = "LOAD DATA INFILE  '?f' into table configparams columns terminated by ',' enclosed by '""' lines starting by '""'"

myCommand.Parameters.AddWithValue("?f", filename)

conn.Open()
myCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

Edited 3 Years Ago by happygeek: fixed formatting

everytime it is not able to find the correct path,infact it shows this error

File 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\Data\systemconfiguration\?f' not found (Errcode: 22)

but when i hardcode the file path in the load query it works fine as it shown below

myCommand.CommandText = "load data infile 'C:/Documents and Settings/jagpreet/d2.txt' into table configparams columns terminated by ',' enclosed by '""' lines starting by '""'"

but whern i try to do it dynamically it gives the error.

Edited 3 Years Ago by happygeek: fixed formatting

Try to use a path which does not contain any spaces in the folder name. Let me know what happens, For eg: use the file path as :

"C:\Data\filename.txt"

i have done all those changes.
now it is giving the following error

Parameter '?f''' must be defined.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.