priyaram_c 0 Newbie Poster

Hi All,

I am trying to open a crystal report which is using OLEDB (ADO) connection and stored procedures to retrieve data.

I am trying to change the database connection information dynamically from the vb.net code. The method I have used is:

1. create a new crystal report(crystalreport1.rpt) in vb.net project and load the crystal report which is already developed.
2. place a crystal viewer in form1 and choose the rystalreport1.rpt as the source
3. Now if from anywhere I try to change the cnnection info using setconnection as below
the report whilerunning does not ask for parameter and throws error

Me.DataSourceConnections.Item(0).SetConnection("aceR", "SAP_SP_DB", False)

If I am trying to pass the parameter through the code , the report does not take the parameter value. The code which I use for passing parameter is correct since when this code is executed without the connection info code( commenting that part of code) is working fine.

I have also tried he belowcode but no success.

Me.CrystalReport11.DataSourceConnections.Item(0).IntegratedSecurity = False

Me.CrystalReportViewer1.LogOnInfo.Item(0).ConnectionInfo.IntegratedSecurity = False
Me.CrystalReportViewer1.LogOnInfo.Item(0).ConnectionInfo.AllowCustomConnection = True

Me.CrystalReport11.DataSourceConnections.Item(0).ServerName.Replace("192.168.10.157","Acer")

Any Idea why this happens. I just need to give the databse server connection information dynamically.

Regards,
Priya

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.