Hi

This may seem as a trivial question, but I'm new to VB so please bear with me. I'm writing a form to control one worksheet as a database. On PC, I used the ControlSource property of every textbox to bind it to a field in a record. On Mac, I was horrified to discover that this property disappeared...is there any way around it? any plug-in or fix?
Since I found none in the last week, I've begun to rewrite the code. now, there is the problem of when & whether to save changes. I want to attach a piece of code to the navigation buttons that asks whether to save changes ONLY IF a change has been made. How can you tell if a change was made to ANY textbox in the form (without writing code for every change() event in every textbox)?

My utmost gratitude to anyone who has answers,

Eli

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi,

Keep a Form Level Boolean Variable, and after Navigating to the Record, make it False.
Make Form's Property : KeyPreView = True.

And in KeyPress event of the Form, Make it to True..
Check for this Boolean Variable while Saving.

Regards
Veena

Hi,

Keep a Form Level Boolean Variable, and after Navigating to the Record, make it False.
Make Form's Property : KeyPreView = True.

And in KeyPress event of the Form, Make it to True..
Check for this Boolean Variable while Saving.

Regards
Veena

Hi Veena

Thanks for the advice. The problem is that apparently there is no KeyPreView property for forms in Excel 2004 for Mac. I tried your method without it, but the KeyPress event never happens =[
Any ideas?

Hi,

Sorry, Never worked in
Excel For Mac....

Regards
Veena

Hi,

Sorry, Never worked in
Excel For Mac....

Regards
Veena

Your luck! The code is completely crippled...
Thanks for the help =]

Eli

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.