i made this just the other day, and as a new member i thought i would share this lil thing. many have probably already seen it, but its just a fun lil thing from a beginning programmer.

/*
  Name: Go Starwars!
  Author: Evan Cohen
  Date: 27/11/07 19:11
  Description: Runs starwars
*/

#include <iostream.h> 
#include <windows.h>

int sim_yesno;

int main()
{  

cout << "Press 1 the enter to start starwars: "; //Asks for simulation confermation
    cin >> sim_yesno; //Gets confermation

if(sim_yesno == 1)  // if confermation yes: then continue
    {
    system ("telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl");  //Runs the star wars.
    }

system ("Pause"); // pause befor quit
    return 0;
}

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

cool because i like starwars otherwise i am not sure of it's purpose.

doesn't work on MS-Windows os.

doesn't work on MS-Windows os.

Worked for me on XP, with VC++ 2005 express. After dropping the ".h" from iostream header.

Well, I can't say the system(pause) worked, I killed it long before the movie finished.

Val

I created a cmd.exe command prompt window and tried to execute "telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl" -- got error that telnet now found.

I created a cmd.exe command prompt window and tried to execute "telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl" -- got error that telnet now found.

*&^%$# Vista Home.... telnet is not installed by default. See http://tinyurl.com/2fgoy8 for steps to activate it. When the dialog says "this may take several minutes" it's not kidding!

Val

commented: Thaks for the link :) +21
commented: Great link +6

YES, Thank you for that link.

Great link..thx again!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.