Hi! I have used Google translate web API many times in my java applications for dynamic translation into different languages (e.g printing a receipt in Hindi,Urdu or French Language.) But now I want an API or Jar file to translate text to different languages Offline. I have searched a lot on internet but all the answers redirected me to online APIs. But I want translation in offline mode. My program will need to translate dynamically in different languages.I myself don't now which words will my client will need to translate. So I want a dynamic functionality(offline). Please direct me to a solution. I will be thankful to you.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Keeping in mind all the prior discussions about this I will not duplicate that here.

In short, look at "Offline, Desktop" at https://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Installation

commented: apertium has two problems. I ran it and downloaded one language pair. After that when I clicked on Run button, following error occured: +3

Thanks brother. You link did not solved my problem yet. I faced two problems:
1-) I ran it and downloaded one language pair. After that when I clicked on Run button, following error occured:

'apertium-destxt' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

And second problem is that Apertium has no language pair English to Urdu. which i need at the moment.
What other possibilty I can try?

The search continues. But when you get an error you head to the source which in this case is apertium.org

Next, consider what other companies do.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.