This html web page code, when viewed via mobile device, captures video from the mobile device. By tapping the page, the mobile video full screen appears, ready to begin recording. I'd like to find a way to reduce the dimensions of that full screen, if possible. I'm guessing it might need height and width dimnsions via some javascript code referencing "fileToUpload"?

<form action="uploadMobile.php"  method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<input type="file" name="fileToUpload" id="fileToUpload" accept="video/*" capture="user" onchange="submitForm();">
<input type="submit" value="Upload" name="submit" id="go" style="display: none;"/>
</form>

Any guidance/assistance is appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The code you are providing is just a simple HTML file upload form with nothing special about it. The capture property is a hint directed to the web browser the desired use case is for the end user to use the device's native media capturing capabilities to capture something to be uploaded. As far as I am aware, you cannot pass a further hint for the resolution you prefer to capture in.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.