Originally I have a .txt file where I have the bibliography of some sources in bibtex format, and I want to extract the data and order it in apa style.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Thank you for the help but I need to male a Progra in C

I can't find such in C so you have quite the project in front of you.

If you need source code so you can command line this I suggest https://github.com/backtracking/bibtex2html

I'm going to skip the command line use here but yes it does what you asked, has source code and despite the "html" in the name, it has the -nodoc switch that supresses the opening and closing html code necessary to make a stand-alone document.

Are there any other contraints on the assignment (which I am presuming is for a compiler course, since it is basically a parsing problem)? Are you allowed to use a lexical analyzer generator (e.g., flex) and/or a parser generator (e.g., bison)? Are there any requirements for the method used?

Note that professors can use Google to find students' posts, and often do. Just something to keep in mind.

commented: That makes me recall the Trinity of Flex, Bison and YACC. Yup, you can make source code with that! +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.