how to learn in it

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

From the beginning, the way that you learn anything, really.

You can begin by downloading something like Wordpress and making small tweaks and customizations to it. That’s a good way of getting tour feet wet while doing something hands on, productive, and, of course, free.

commented: I'd start with something smaller and less convoluted than wordpress. The sourcecode for a nuclear powerstation's control software comes to mind :) +16
commented: Hi +0
commented: i have done it but i want to learn coding in VS! +0
commented: "It's always best to start at the beginning." -Glinda the good witch. +16

Get a good book, read it, understand it, and start experimenting.

Bjarne Stroustrup is a good place to start if you're serious: https://www.stroustrup.com/
First 3 books he lists (all his own work) make a good start.

Another good book is Stanley Lippman's "C++ Primer".

Sure you can learn by just trying to swim, but without a solid foundation you'll not become a good programmer.

If you want to learn ;
you must chooise a language whitch you will learn
I think java is the best
you can read the Head First Java

commented: Java is really hard to learn as a beginner. I think it's better to start with a static webpage in pure HTML and CSS. Depending on what he/she's after. +0

Learning to code is a new skill that is popular these days. It is so much in demand that even high schools have added programming to their curriculum. You can read about the top 10 Programing languages here. With every chore being digitized & becoming smart and automotive with AI technology, learning to code has become the need of an era.

Everything that you can possibly think of can is done using an app or a website from ordering a cab, food, or shopping online to watching movies or even taking a course & gaming skills. With applications being digitized the demand also increases for developers and programmers and hence learning a programming language would be beneficial. This article discusses how to learn the programming language of your choice and the correct way to begin your programming journey. So let us get started!

There are a lot of different programming languages to choose from, but the most popular ones are C++, Java, and Python. It really depends on what you want to use it for. If you want to make websites, then you should learn HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. If you're interested in game development, then you should learn C++ or Unity.

which language do you want to learn?

A little late to the party but, I suggest you start with Python. It is relatively simple for beginners to pick up and the online resources for all levels are plentiful. Using the built in coding environment (idle) you have a decent (for a beginner) editor plus an interactive shell that lends itself to experimenting. In order to learn ANY language you must learn to analyze a problem, develop a step-by-step solution (algorithm), and only then translate that algorithm into code. I find that java has way too much clutter. Compare java

public class HelloWorld
{
    public static void main(String[] args)
    {
        System.out.println("Hello world!");
    }
}

to Python

print("Hello, world")

You shouldn't need to understand classes and typing (to that extent) in order to learn how to translate an algorithm into code. All that can come later.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.