What are the best platforms that you would prefer for mobile app development?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

1. Web for mobile. No APP!!!
  2. For Android we used the free dev system from Google.
  3. For Apple the company used the free dev system from Apple.
The best solution in the circles I run is a mobile friendly web site.

Web for mobile. No APP!!!

Disagree! Native apps give flexibility (push notifications, local storage, etc.) that simply can't be achieved with a responsive website.

For Apple the company used the free dev system from Apple.

Are you referring to Objective-C written using XCode?

commented: Yes. XCode, I worked the Android side so I often forget the exact name. Browsers have local storage and I see a push notification system. +17

Browsers have local storage and I see a push notification system.

What browsers can do with local storage isn't the same as what a native app can store. The former can store things like some user settings and is only accessible via client-side javascript, and gets cleared by the end-user if they manually clear out their browser cache. The later can store complex databases.

On a team long ago we skipped making an app for the GPS tracking system. The database was at the server as users are rarely adept at backups and more. But now that I've thought about it more we did push notifications.

A native app would have cost more and delivered little value.

PS. Added with edit. The OP has yet to enter these discussions, at least not on TR.

Mobile app development platforms refers to software programs that provide resources to develop mobile apps for different operating systems, such as iOS, Android, etc. These platforms will give you different features and services, which helps us create mobile apps more efficiently.
Here is a list of some Mobile App Development Platforms that I would prefer.

1.Flutter
Flutter is an open source platform that is used for building iOS and Android apps. The main difference between Xamarin and Flutter is that Xamarin allows the developers to reuse the code, while Flutter allows the developers to use a single codebase.

1. Sencha
    Sencha is another mobile app development platform that provides resources and tools for developing cross-platform apps using two languagesHTML and JavaScript. It offers a variety of features for building responsive apps that include various UI elements.

2. Ionic
    Ionic helps the developer build cross-platform apps using different languages like JavaScript, CSS, and HTML. The uniqueness of Ionic is its simplicity and easy accessibility.

3. NativeScript
    NativeScript is a good platform that is used for developing mobile apps for both Android and iOS. Through this platform, we can develop native apps for Android and iOS using a single codebase.
    Xamarin
    Xamarin is a popular mobile app development platform that is mainly used for iOS and Android apps. The benefit of using this platform is that it allows the developers to reuse the code across different platforms, saving time and energy.

4. Flutter
    Flutter is an open source platform that is used for building iOS and Android apps. The main difference between Xamarin and Flutter is that Xamarin allows the developers to reuse the code, while Flutter allows the developers to use a single codebase.

5. Sencha
    Sencha is another mobile app development platform that provides resources and tools for developing cross-platform apps using two languagesHTML and JavaScript. It offers a variety of features for building responsive apps that include various UI elements.

6. Ionic
    Ionic helps the developer build cross-platform apps using different languages like JavaScript, CSS, and HTML. The uniqueness of Ionic is its simplicity and easy accessibility.

7. NativeScript
    NativeScript is a good platform that is used for developing mobile apps for both Android and iOS. Through this platform, we can develop native apps for Android and iOS using a single codebase.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.