I am trying to move a website from an other server to one of our servers.
I am not familiar with ASP. Teh website is asp and visual basic. The database is mysql.
I have imported the database in Mysql server and I have loaded the code to iis6. I also loaded asp.net 2.0. I dont know if I needed it..
Can somebody tell me how or were in the code I get the asp code connect to Mysql...
Do I have to setup ODBC? I am not able to find the connection code...

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

something like this would work. Please put in your userid and password, if you have them, in the correct spots. If your server isn't local [localhost], change the server portion to your server ip where MySQL is located:

Dim conn 

Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") 
conn.Provider = "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver}; SERVER=localhost; DATABASE=; UID=;PASSWORD=; OPTION=3"

conn.Open

If you have a problem and cannot connect, try removing "OPTION=3" from the Provider string. It can cause difficulties sometimes.

And no, you didn't need ASP.NET, as it is a separate technology.

And no, you didn't need ASP.NET, as it is a separate technology.

I thank you for your responce it did work.
I had already realized that asp and asp.net are difierent!

Well, if it's possible for you, move it to asp.net. It's much more efficient and easier to update.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.