I am trying to add users to my MySQ table "users" and for some reason I can only get one record added into the table. It tells me that the user is added but when I check the table I still only have the initial record in there. Please Help... Below is my registration.php code. Thanks in advance!

<?php ob_start(); ?>
<html>
<head>
<title>Youth-Topia Registration</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000" background="yt_background.jpg">

<?php
// Connects to your Database
mysql_connect("localhost", "******", "******") or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db("alanos2_youthtopia_mbr") or die(mysql_error());

//This code runs if the form has been submitted
if (isset($_POST)) {

//This makes sure they did not leave any fields blank
if (!$_POST | !$_POST | !$_POST ) {
die('You did not complete all of the required fields');
}

// checks if the username is in use
if (!get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {
$_POST = addslashes($_POST);
}
$usercheck = $_POST;
$check = mysql_query("SELECT username FROM users WHERE username = '$usercheck'")
or die(mysql_error());
$check2 = mysql_num_rows($check);

//if the name exists it gives an error
if ($check2 != 0) {
die('Sorry, the username '.$_POST.' is already in use.');
}

// this makes sure both passwords entered match
if ($_POST != $_POST) {
die('Your passwords did not match.');
}

// here we encrypt the password and add slashes if needed
$_POST = md5($_POST);
if (!get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {
}

// now we insert it into the database
$insert = "INSERT INTO users (username, password)
VALUES ('".$_POST."', '".$_POST."')";
$add_member = mysql_query($insert);
?>
<h1>Registered</h1>
<p>Thank you, you have registered - you may now <a href="login.php">login</a>.</p>

<?php
}
else
{
?>

<form action="<?php echo $_SERVER; ?>" method="post">
<table border="0">
<tr><td>Username:</td><td>
<input type="text" name="username" maxlength="60">
</td></tr>
<tr><td>Password:</td><td>
<input type="password" name="pass" maxlength="10">
</td></tr>
<tr><td>Confirm Password:</td><td>
<input type="password" name="pass2" maxlength="10">
</td></tr>
<tr><th colspan=2><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Register"></th></tr> </table>
</form>

<?php
}
?>

</body>
</html>
<?php ob_flush(); ?>

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

there is nothing wrong with your code so far as i can see, I have just copied it onto my computer and it works perfectly well. maybe you have a server problem

Could it be an issue with permissions of some sort in MySQL?

I am trying to add users to my MySQ table "users" and for some reason I can only get one record added into the table. It tells me that the user is added but when I check the table I still only have the initial record in there. Please Help... Below is my registration.php code. Thanks in advance!

You say you get one record added, by this do you mean that your form worked once, then just stopped afterwards??

It allowed me to enter one registration (userid, password, etc... into the table. Since then it tells me the user is added and then when i check its not in the table. The code hasn't changed at all.

try deleting that first entry into the table, and submitting the form again to see if it will enter it once again.

Deleted the record. Went back to the site and registered under a completely new name and its there. Then I tried to add another and it wasn't there. I'm completely baffled! :-)

Well so am I, this sounds very strange. are you running it on your own pc or on a free webhost??

Well so am I, this sounds very strange. are you running it on your own pc or on a free webhost??

Its on a paid host. I've posted a question on the MySQL forum but unfortunately nobody has responded to it. I appreciate your help! I have no clue. LOL

Alan

try creating a new table in the database, and putting the data there, just for a test see if that works

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.