I am creating a website for my company's helpdesk and need an Event Calendar for conference room reservations. User need to be able to check the availability of conference rooms and enter a reservation on the calendar. Please help

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Server-side scripting using PHP or another server-side language, along with a database on the server.

Server-side scripting using PHP or another server-side language, along with a database on the server.

???

Note: im a beginner

> ???
You would need to use a server side language / API like PHP or J2EE respectively along with some database as backend to implement your project. It can't be done in Javascript along since it's a client side scripting language used to enhance site usability and not provide functionality.[1]

> Note: im a beginner
Then you are attempting something which is way out of your league.

[1]: Of course you can use server side Javascript but that would be a different story altogether.

> ???
You would need to use a server side language / API like PHP or J2EE respectively along with some database as backend to implement your project. It can't be done in Javascript along since it's a client side scripting language used to enhance site usability and not provide functionality.[1]

> Note: im a beginner
Then you are attempting something which is way out of your league.

[1]: Of course you can use server side Javascript but that would be a different story altogether.

if i was slow and stupid i would agree, but unfortunately go gave me a brain like you :)

break it down for me and get me started and i bet you i'll have it up and running by next friday

Im ready for the major leagues LETS GO!!!

I also have the same issue of creating a calendar. I do know a little bit of php, mysql, msql, but non of javascript. Does anybody have an example of some code snipplets I could study? Also, wouldn't there be a way to use events off of an exchange server in a data driven website. Basicly, google calendar/share, but intranet wise.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.