hi to everyone.. can anyone here in the forum an teach me hoe to configure "SMTP"
and "smtp_port".. i'm having problem with that.. tha script ask me to configure it in php.file.ini..
but the problem is i don't know how to do it.. i'm on the process learning php.. please help me how to configure.. just message me at my email add j3ffl33@yahoo.com.. or reply from this thread.. thank you in advance...

10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by j3p0yz

hi to everyone.. can anyone here in the forum an teach me hoe to configure "SMTP"
and "smtp_port"

There are a couple of ways to do this.

The most direct, permanent and effective way is to edit the php.ini file. If you're running php on a local server (i.e. your computer), then this should be somewhere in a folder created by php. With my default installation on Ubuntu, it's in "/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini"

If you don't know where the php.ini file is, you could try searching for it and editing it. In it you'll see a line that says SMTP = value . Change the "value" to what you need it to be. Same for smtp_port.

If you can't find the php.ini file, you can set the value on a per-script basis. If you use the mail functions a lot, you may want to put this in a common file and include it at the top of all your scripts.

Use the ini_set() function to set the value for each parameter. Like so...

ini_set("SMTP", "mail.optonline.net");
ini_set("smtp_port", "25");

You can use ini_set to change most of the php.ini parameters for the duration of a single script.

If you want to confirm that this was successful, use echo phpinfo() to print a complete listing of php's settings.

Good luck,
- Walkere

thank'z walkere, i'll try to search for that php.file.ini.. by the way if i using xampp, where could i find that?.. php.file.ini.. or maybe just like what you have said before, it's better to use init_set on the script.. what do you mean by this "mail.optonline.net"?.. In where the email will be sent? is that right?.. i'll try to study that ini_set function... thankz

what do you mean by this "mail.optonline.net"?

That's the name of the smtp server that I would use (for Optimum Online). You can find the name of the server from your ISP. If you use some kind of pop3 e-mail browser (like Outlook or Evolution), you used that to set up your e-mail account.

As for xampp, I've never used it so I'm not sure where the config files would be. Maybe somebody else can point that out.

- Walkere

how can i configure mysql_connect"function mysql_connect"?.. please help me..
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'username'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\Php\xampp\htdocs\location1\insert.php on line 19
unable to select database
-This Error always keep on bothering me.. i don't know how to fix it.. please someone help me.. thanks

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.