Hi,

I have searched the forum for a similar problem but have been unable to find anything.

What i am trying to achieve is a dropdown menu which behaves in the following way:

1, Someone selects an category from the first dropdown menu
2, if the category has subcategories then dynamically create a new dropdown underneath and in the process fill it with the subcategories from the chosen option in the first menu.
3, keep doing the above until there are no more subcategories for the chosen option.

I have a demo setup at http://evolvenet.co.uk/dd/subcats.php

There is a small bug in the code which does not completely clear all submenus from the page when you go up the chain and select an option from the first menu... follow the below steps to see what i mean:

1, select "UK Local" from the first dropdown
2, select "Accountants" from the dynamically created dropdown, a dropdown containing "England, Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland" will appear dynamically
3, select "UK Online" from the first dropdown

Now after step 3 you will notice that the dynamically created downdown containing "England, Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland" is still present when it should ideally disappear from the page (it was generated by clicking "UK Local" and is not a sub category list of "UK Online")

Hopefully someone can understand the above, if i didnt make something entirely clear please ask questions and i will try to explain further.

will appreciate any replies.

thnx
rg

You will need to supply code in order for us to spot the bug. So if the code is not too long paste it inside the post surounded with code tags (press the hash sign "#" in post toolbar - you have to be in advanced posting mode). In case code is too long use attachment option bellow post area.
Also if I'm right you did it PHP so this post should be moved to PHP section of this forum. If is so, simply click on "Flag Bad Post" and request your post to be move to right section

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.