i have one text box with required field validator and two button like one submit and other reset button when i click submit button then it show text box is blank when i do not type any value it is OK not a problem . if i click reset button even it show text box is blank if i don't type any value so i want if i click reset button the required field validator should not work either i type any value or not

--->means required field validator should not work at reset button in any condition either type or not type any value-->

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You need to set the reset button attribute

CausesValidation="False"

Otherwise it will cause validation :)

can tell me about how can pass value from page to other page rathen than query string and cookies any other process .plz put some coading

You can use session variables, however, I would suggest against this unless you need it throughout the entire user's session.

Just "POST" the form to the next page that you have to use, then use request.form to grab the information.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.