I am a beginner in JSP, I am just wondering will it be possible to create a pie chart in jsp without installing new classes and stuff? If yes, how can I do it? Or else will it be possible if I retreieve the data from mysql and display it into a text box and create the pie chart? Thank you very much.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

yes, but you don't want to.
It's not what JSP is intended for, and why reinvent the wheel?

And no, we're not going to help you do things that are a Really Bad Idea (tm)(p)(c)(r)

Should I use php instead?thanks...

Yes you better with PHP in this case

yep, it's the language of choice for lazy loosers who don't want to learn how to do things properly.

Member Avatar for electron33

There is a page http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart/. What you can do to present charts i JSP is to create chart in code then save the chart as image. then present the image on the JSP page. This chart is not dynamic but it will hopefully help solving your problem.

AFAIK, JFreechart can also be used to create dynamic on the fly charts. Read the documentation and the tutorials floating around the web and it shouldn't be that difficult.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.