i am not able to open the imap function and i can't retrive the email from the mailbox...
and i am using this code

<?php
$name = 'jeetrajsah@gmail.com';
$pwd = '9871670594';

$mailbox = '{mail.google.com}INBOX';
$mbox=@imap_open ($mailbox, $name, $pwd);  
print_r(imap_errors()) 
?>

ad error occured is :

Warning: imap_open() [function.imap-open]: Couldn't open stream {mail.google.com}INBOX in c:\wamp\www\REMAIL\fetch_mail_view.php on line 13
Array ( [0] => Can't connect to googlemail.l.google.com,143: Timed out (10060) )

plz short out my problem as soon as possible...

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Have you ensured the IMAP connections are allowed within your gmail account?

Go to gmail.com and check you account settings to ensure it's allowed.

Regards,
Alex

Also, when I connect to googlemail via IMAP I have used Port 993 using the following connection string:

$mbox_open = imap_open ("{imap.googlemail.com:993/imap/ssl}[Google Mail]/Sent Mail", "emailaddress@gmail.com", "password");

Also, when I connect to googlemail via IMAP I have used Port 993 using the following connection string:

$mbox_open = imap_open ("{imap.googlemail.com:993/imap/ssl}[Google Mail]/Sent Mail", "emailaddress@gmail.com", "password");

hello friends ...
i am using urs code but is it not working correct ..that code occuring error like..

Warning: imap_open() [function.imap-open]: Couldn't open stream {imap.googlemail.com:993/imap/ssl}[Google Mail]/Sent Mail in c:\wamp\www\REMAIL\fetch_mail_view.php on line 22
not connect

when i am using this code:--

Did you check if the IMAP function had been enabled in GMail?

yes i am enable the gmail imap

hi ..

i am not able to open to gmail through imap ..so plz give me suggestion ...how i open gmail and fetch the email... what i make a configuration ...because ssl is not working...

and i am using urs code.... but that code is not working properly..
so plz configure my problem as soon as possible...

I've tried this code myself and I can definately connect.

<?php
$name 		= 'emailaddress@gmail.com';
$pwd 		= 'password';

$mailbox 	= '{imap.googlemail.com:993/imap/ssl}';
$mbox		= imap_open ($mailbox, $name, $pwd);

$emails		= imap_headers($mbox);

foreach($emails as $header_text){
	echo $header_text.'<br/>';
}

?>

To connect to another mailbox e.g Sent Mail, etc you need to change the mailbox string to:

$mailbox 	= '{imap.googlemail.com:993/imap/ssl}[Google Mail]/Sent Mail';
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.