Okay, so our website is pretty much all session based and all of a sudden it is acting very laggy.
People complain of not being able to stay logged in very long at all (like it is resetting the session at random intervals).

Also, I have simple code that does ...

EXAMPLE CODE:

if request("Act") = "A" then 
session("TestSession") = "SelectionA" 
elseif request("Act") = "B" then 
session("TestSession") = "SelectionB" 
elseif request("Act") = "C" then 
session("TestSession") = "SelectionC" 
end if

Then I have it response.write(session("TestSession")) .

When I go to the page, with Act=A, it sets the session to A (most of the time, other times it stays null). Then when I go to Act=B the session does this...

First Load: Session is A
Refresh 1: Session is A
Refresh 2: Session is B
Refresh 3: Session is A
Refresh 4: Session is B

See, its lagging before it sets the session, then it keeps hopping from what is needs to be to what it used to be, sometimes to null, and so fourth.

I have no idea what is going on here. Default application pool, no major code changes.

I made a page that writes the session ID, and I see that it changes after sometimes 2 refreshes, 3, 4, etc.

Now, the thing about it is... it doesnt exactly "change" to a new number all the time... its like it keeps the same one for a bit, then it changes to a new one, next time u refresh it goes back to the prevous id, thne refresh again and a new id, then refresh again and the first id, then the second id, then the first id, then a new id, etc, etc... wtf

Please advise.

Thanks,
Travis

I beleive that the problem was application pools.

Somehow the AppPools got messed up and the website was using like 3 different app pools. I deleted all AppPools and stopped all of them, re-created one and assigned it to my website.

So far it seems like it keeping the same SessionID.

I'll get back to you on this.

Thanks,
Travis

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.