Hi all of you ,

I just want to ask which programming language used in paypal website

also its possible to make like this website in php ???

thanks all

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

hi where r you

i need it urgently

paypal is hiding their file extension. you want to hide your extensions or create a new paypal?

no , but i wnat ask if it possible to create website like paypal in php

sure, why not? its a website.

Of course you can. Basically everthing ist possible with PHP, even complicated stuff when you extend it with system-specific functions.

Things that generally cannot be solved in PHP:
- JAVA (Chat, Games)
- Flash (Animations, Games)
- JavaScript (Eventhandling and Website-manipulation)

Of course you can. Basically everthing ist possible with PHP, even complicated stuff when you extend it with system-specific functions.

Things that generally cannot be solved in PHP:
- JAVA (Chat, Games)
- Flash (Animations, Games)
- JavaScript (Eventhandling and Website-manipulation)

That's not entirely true, PHP has functionality to import Java classes and manipulating your javascript through PHP is an an essential tool.

Back to the problem at hand: Paypal has an extensive PHP API available, poking around their website will help you out.

so that is mean it possible to do it in php

....yes

ok man and thanks for helping me

Most Probably I think
Its J2EE(Paypal)
and considering PHP
Everything is Possible with, even with Structural code in PHP, I creates an facebook like apps

That's not entirely true, PHP has functionality to import Java classes and manipulating your javascript through PHP is an an essential tool.

Back to the problem at hand: Paypal has an extensive PHP API available, poking around their website will help you out.

PHP is just a server-site programming-language. The code is generated once and when the output is sent it cannot be modified by the client anymore.
Javascript and Flash are executed on the client's machine. The website is can react on events.
JAVA can do both if the server also runs a JAVA-Server.

So PHP for me isn't the ultimate high-end programming language. It is just perfectly for organizing files on the server and creating dynamical websites. One very import advantage: PHP is very secure when you don't mess around too much.

As far as I know, PayPal use CGI, but you've a three way bet on CGI, Perl and PHP. Any guess is as good as any

IF i concern more, paypal was and must be developed in PHP,....and considering the upgrading issues , The things get more complicated, J2EE gives more sophisticated idea regarding MVC like these type of website could be handle easily, but most probably, Data inconsistence and consistency issue, PHP is a good way to handle it too..... so
may they are still using PHP or might be they converted themselves to JAVA WEB(Spring framework Adopted)
Depend on their Business Need....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.