GLT 8 Junior Poster in Training

Hi,

I had a problem a while ago when i was developing my web based database application. I was developing locally but the database was saved on a different server. I got a NT AUTHORITY/ ANONYMOUS LOGIN error. I solved this by devloping the application connecting to a locally saved version of the database and hoped to transfer it to the other server and edit the database connetcions. I understand that this might not have been the best way to tackle this problem but I am new to development and it seemed to make sense at the time. I am now trying to transfer it over and have a few questions as it is not working as i would have thought or like. remember i am new to this so you may think the questions are a bit simple.

Do i need to store the application file in a root folder or some sort of iis folder on the new server? the IT technician has just mapped the new server to my computer and told me to copy and paste it over but this isnt working.

I am trying to change the database connection to a different database but although it says it is connected it Dreamweaver is inserting to the first database. The recordsets are correct... i'm very confused.

so basically... im trying to transfer my application which is currently stored locally in the wwwroot folder over to a server where the database is. I need to change the connections in the application to the new database.... any ideas how to go about this???

Any ideas greatly appriciated!!! need to get this working ASAP!!!!

PRETTY PLEASE!

Thanks

GLT