hello all,
i am using asp.net and while designing my page i want to call another aspx page in my current page.....i.e. in my current page (ex. p1.aspx) ,i want to add a header let it be header.aspx. how can i call that header page in p1.aspx????

actually i want to do some dynamic stuff in that header page so instead of using HTML i am going for aspx....i have used the command <!-- #include virtual ="header.aspx" -->...but i am getting the error as "there can be one page directive "...

plz help me how to call an aspx from another aspx page?

thanx in advance.......
:)

It depends on what kind of a functionality you require in the second aspx (the one you are calling).

If you are just trying to create a dynamic header, you can try looking at user controls.

If you still want to pursue with a complete embedded page, you can use Iframes for the purpose.

In PHP we using include() we include any php page , method is given below

<?php
include("path/pagename.php");
?>

as this type we can insert one page in another page

Try using asp.net master pages to achieve your effect.But all the same clientside technologies are best for effects, browser has the final word anyway.

Using a master page will allow you to define the overall structure for the pages, and set a default header for all pages, that you can then change on a page to page basis, if you so choose.

I'm trying my best to stay to the strict versions of the HTML and XHTML standards, and last I looked, iFrames aren't approved anymore.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.