i am trying to learn java bean . i wanted to know how i have to compile and where. i m little bit confused.weather i need BDK?.PLEASE ANY BODY HELP ME

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

i am trying to learn java bean . i wanted to know how i have to compile and where. i m little bit confused.weather i need BDK?.PLEASE ANY BODY HELP ME

hi,

plz visit the site http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.html and there u can download the latest or the version you prefer. Install it in your pc and set the path to the related bin folder where java.exe exist.
If u r working win2000 go to mycomputer--properties--environment variables and set a new variable named PATH and give the value for ex:(c:/j2sdk1.4.1_01/bin).
Now go to the command prompt ,then to the particular dir where, the java file resides and compile the java source code using javac filename.java.

regards,

techkar

hi,

plz visit the site http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.html and there u can download the latest or the version you prefer. Install it in your pc and set the path to the related bin folder where java.exe exist.
If u r working win2000 go to mycomputer--properties--environment variables and set a new variable named PATH and give the value for ex:(c:/j2sdk1.4.1_01/bin).
Now go to the command prompt ,then to the particular dir where, the java file resides and compile the java source code using javac filename.java.

regards,

techkar

thanks for your reply. i tried as u told but i am getting the exception as
org.apache.jasper.JasperException:classname.class when i used java bean with my jsp page.

thanks for your reply. i tried as u told but i am getting the exception as
org.apache.jasper.JasperException:classname.class when i used java bean with my jsp page.

I'm not clear about, your bean configuration. place the class file in a package(dir) inside WEB-INF/classes. Be clear with the package name and the class name you are using.Access the bean via jsp using <jsp:useBean id="someid" class=packagename.classname>

post your code sample so that me or anyone will clarify.

regards,

techkar.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.