HI

i'm in very much need of it ,plz can one help me regarding my issue

i have a page where i have insert the data . NOw if that data is already there in the database then it should display the record in textboxes.
I had successfully done with displaying the record . But now the issue ,if the record is not present in the database then it is giving me the error.
and i want i the record is not present and display the page for insertion ,else display the page with the record

PLz help me its veryyyyyyyyyy urgent.Plzzzzzzzzzzzzz:$
regards
nickyspace

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi,

Can you post your code, so that I can have a clear idea what you want to achieve.

The best way to achieve it is to look for the number of records that match your condition to find the record (this usually should be based on a primary key or a unique value)

For example, if you are looking for a certain unique email address in the datavase table "mytable"; I would first fo a "select count (*) from my table where email='theemailiamlookingfor@domain.com'" If there is no corresponding record with the email address, then it will return 0 else 1. You can check for this condition and present the user with the correct page.

Hi,

If you want us to help you, then you will need to post your code.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.