i installed visual studio dot net 2003 in XP Professional and 2000 professional;, but i did not install iis before the .net installation.Now i need to work with asp.net and i installed IIS it is 5.1 version. The Problem is : In the Home directory configuration .ASPX extension should map to aspnet_isapi.dll file but it is Missing and does not allow to add new. i guess, this may be the problem that for not executing the scripts of aspx file. Could u please help me to solve this problem. the same problem i encountered in windows 2000 professional as well as. i need to configure and work with asp.net in IIS. Do i need to remove the studio.net or i can just configure in IIS.

Dipendra Shah

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Hi the only way is to reinstall the studio and againg install the things....and one more thing i want to ask you, while installing the VS it might have asked you for the prereqesties right. you have not noticed that itseems...

i installed visual studio dot net 2003 in XP Professional and 2000 professional;, but i did not install iis before the .net installation.Now i need to work with asp.net and i installed IIS it is 5.1 version. The Problem is : In the Home directory configuration .ASPX extension should map to aspnet_isapi.dll file but it is Missing and does not allow to add new. i guess, this may be the problem that for not executing the scripts of aspx file. Could u please help me to solve this problem. the same problem i encountered in windows 2000 professional as well as. i need to configure and work with asp.net in IIS. Do i need to remove the studio.net or i can just configure in IIS.

Dipendra Shah

Did you ever run aspnet_regiis.exe?

It's located somewhere in C:\Windpws\Mircrosft.Net\Framework\Yourversion\

That might fix your problem. BTW if you do reinstall everything you have to run that program because ASP & IIS will work together.

thanks it worked it is the file aspnet_regiis.exe which solved everything.

how can i varaibles or conrol of apage in another page i think its the the sessionn but i can not use it i need help plz

Please don't bump old threads which have nothing to do with your question.

thanks i was having the same problem

hye i want iis for asp
where can i find ??
i dont have the xxp cd so is it possible to acquire it from net ??
plz help if ne1 can been looking for it for long time now ?

Did you try googling it? This is what i found when i searched in google.

hey hi , i tried googling but to no avail .
then the link u gaved me is to resource kit ....
is it the same as iis ? ( iis and iis resource kit )
would it be helpful ???
cant sum1 extract it from cd and mail it ?
<snipped>
thank you alll

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.