Hi,

I am very very new to JSP so I urge you to bare with me. I have resolved my issue, however, I really don't like to solve a problem without understanding how I solved it. We use Weblogic 8 as out web server.

The problem:

JSP compilation error. It complains about not finding the class (MyDocument.class) which is a class inside my JSP.

The solution:

When I shortened my class name to less than 10 characters to MyDoc for example, the error was gone. I could be completely off in my reasoning here. I continue to read my JSP book and will post an answer to this if I find one. In the meantime, if anyone understands why this issue happened, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

J

Hi,

I am very very new to JSP so I urge you to bare with me. I have resolved my issue, however, I really don't like to solve a problem without understanding how I solved it. We use Weblogic 8 as out web server.

The problem:

JSP compilation error. It complains about not finding the class (MyDocument.class) which is a class inside my JSP.

The solution:

When I shortened my class name to less than 10 characters to MyDoc for example, the error was gone. I could be completely off in my reasoning here. I continue to read my JSP book and will post an answer to this if I find one. In the meantime, if anyone understands why this issue happened, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

J

Just to follow up. The issue is actually with windows not being able to store files with very long paths. This has absolutely nothing to do with JSPs!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.