Hi,

I am very very new to JSP so I urge you to bare with me. I have resolved my issue, however, I really don't like to solve a problem without understanding how I solved it. We use Weblogic 8 as out web server.

The problem:

JSP compilation error. It complains about not finding the class (MyDocument.class) which is a class inside my JSP.

The solution:

When I shortened my class name to less than 10 characters to MyDoc for example, the error was gone. I could be completely off in my reasoning here. I continue to read my JSP book and will post an answer to this if I find one. In the meantime, if anyone understands why this issue happened, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

J

Hi,

I am very very new to JSP so I urge you to bare with me. I have resolved my issue, however, I really don't like to solve a problem without understanding how I solved it. We use Weblogic 8 as out web server.

The problem:

JSP compilation error. It complains about not finding the class (MyDocument.class) which is a class inside my JSP.

The solution:

When I shortened my class name to less than 10 characters to MyDoc for example, the error was gone. I could be completely off in my reasoning here. I continue to read my JSP book and will post an answer to this if I find one. In the meantime, if anyone understands why this issue happened, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

J

Just to follow up. The issue is actually with windows not being able to store files with very long paths. This has absolutely nothing to do with JSPs!

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.