Hello
I need to know the steps to follow to have customers register their name and address from a registration page and as they click a submit button, the information is automaticalle appends to another page or the same page in a different area.

I have registered domains with hosting packages in case I need one for that. Any script language is ok and as a Network technician, I'm ready to learn

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for langsor

Okay, just to get started, the fun part is when you submit the page the page is reloaded with the form target's <form action="server_script.php">, in this case server_scrpt.php, results or output.

If you need to use the values submitted, then pass them back from the server_script after processing the form results -- you can do this many ways with PHP.

If you need the values independent of the server_script for any-all pages on your site, then maybe you will want to use JavaScript to delay form submission and write the values to a cookie, then finish the form submission.

<html>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
window.onload = function () {
  var form = doccument.getElementById('my_form');
  form.onsubmit = function () {
    // grab the form input values here
    // write the form values to a cookie
    this.submit(); // submit the form
  };
};
</script>
</head>
<body>
  <form id="my_form">
    <input ... />
    <input type="submit" />
  </form>
</body>
</html>

Think about your situation and let me know if you need more-specific help here.

Thanks to Langsor

I have looked at the script but still does not know how to get it in the documents.

here is a very close exemple of what I need to accomplish

go to: http://www.gammasoft.ca/Events/Party.html

I wanted the people to put their name, phone number and details in the first textbox, now when they click submit, their information is now appends in the second text box.

Also please do not hesitate to let me know if there is a different way to do this, I wil be glad to learn.

Thank you all very much

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.