So I am completely new to ASP .NET and my first page needs to be a log in page.

I have a database in SQL 2000 that has a table called tblEmployee. This table holds usernames, passwords, and group security details. I need to grab quite a few fields from tblEmployee and store them somewhere until the users session has expired. I need to hold their EmployeeID, GroupID, ProviderNumber...etc.

Would I store all of these results in the web.config file?

So I am completely new to ASP .NET and my first page needs to be a log in page.

I have a database in SQL 2000 that has a table called tblEmployee. This table holds usernames, passwords, and group security details. I need to grab quite a few fields from tblEmployee and store them somewhere until the users session has expired. I need to hold their EmployeeID, GroupID, ProviderNumber...etc.

Would I store all of these results in the web.config file?

Hey dude i think the answer is YES, you can use the web config file but you will have to override the default database and create a master detail relationship

Please let me know when you get to override the web.config file connection string

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.