Hi, I'm not sure which forum to put this in, so I'll take my best guess.

I have an ASP.NET page where when an ASP.NET button is clicked, it (among other things) fires a one-line JavaScript to open a pop-up (separate) window that the user can do things within. This works fine. However, after the pop-up is closed, the user can go to other pages in the original web, but if they use the browser's "back" button, when the user gets to the page that called the pop-up, the pop-up appears again. How do I code the window.open to disclude the pop-up from the browser history?

Here's the window.open command as it is: Response.Write("<script>window.open ('" & sEPayURL & "','_blank','width=800,height=600,menubar,resizable,scrollbars,toolbar');</script>") I'm kind of a newby at web development, so if I'm way off base, please let me know.:icon_confused:

Thanks,
Craig

Contributors
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by rishabh2011

I prepared a program according but didn't use asp however and its workin fine , when I press back button the popup didn't appear. I compiled it in firefox and IE7.
If the problem you are facing is related to asp then kindly post the thread in asp forums......

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.