Hi.
I want to know the best method of making auto installer for our application, like a page appears and asking for the mysql server information such as username and password and also database and so on, and also default account for the application?

something similar to moodle and etc CMS. for further see the attachment.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

the only method i have seen is the code writing the database credentials to a php file. then using those, have the code create a database, then the necessary tables with the prefix. once that is done, then put the admin info into the right database table.

Could you be please tell how should I google to find the solution that I need, it is because it is almost half of the day I am searching but I can not find what I need?

i will create some example code, but i need the html for the form to do so. I really don't have time to code the forms.

can you post the html?

Here it is the html form, if there is any error those should be listed on top of the page, and if everything fine, then another page will be displayed.

i will create some example code, but i need the html for the form to do so. I really don't have time to code the forms.

can you post the html?

is that your install file or an example one?

just I need example, and I need it to be done in OO form and be secure, I mean to be able to use it simply with other php application.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.