Member Avatar for Epic Tissue

Hey I am new to php and was thinking of writing a mailing list. Very simple, users enter their email into a box and click signup or whatever. I am just wondering.. where -or- how do I store those email addresses? Obviously storing them in a text file on the server would be risky. So do they have to be encoded or something?

Any advice or info would be helpful!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

There is the RSS host.... they are for big places... and might be good for you...

http://www.rssfeeds.com/

And a quick google search found a few...

Hope this helps :)

you would need a database to store them.

You would probably want to use a MySQL table to store the emails. Then all you would have to do is write a php script that you can use to send email (Just make sure to password protect it for security!!).
PHPList is a pre-coded, easily customizable PHP mailing list application. Check it out on their website (Note to Mods: I'm not advertising this product as it's free. I'm simply providing a pre-coded resource that might be easier to understand/use).

commented: helpful and informative +1
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.