Hello all,

I looked around with google for a while and couldn't find an answer to my question.

I'm trying to use php to get the name (or ID) of an html tag. I need to do this because I am creating a shopping cart which has a checkbox beside each item in the shopping cart. If the checkbox is checked and they hit the 'Remove' button, all items with a check are removed from the session variable. I was rendering the checkboxes to have a name of the ID of the product from the database. If the check box is checked I wanted to retrieve the name or ID of the check box so I could remove the proper item from the session variable I created.

If any one could lead me in the right direction on how to do this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Well not sure what I was thinking but I figured out how to solve my problem by looping through the $_POST array and checking to see if the $key exists.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.