Hey all,

I figured for my new website that it is easier to have a contact us form, instead of just having my e-mail address. I have searched Google and Hotscripts (http://hotscripts.com) and I have not found anything that is free and easy. I am looking for a first name field, e-mail address, subject (drop down menu) and message. I want all that information sent to me from the form. My server supports PHP, and most other file types. Does anyone know where to find this information? (I would prefer if it was already built, instead of a tutorial.)

Thanks,

Internet_Sense

Internet Sense

Internet News, Articles, and More!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

how much php do you know? you could make a simple form that you "post", once it is posted just use the php mail function. If your not sure exactly what I mean then reply to this message and i could do a very simple example

ok ok, so i got bored and decided to quickly write the code you needed, but make sure to place your email address inside of the quotes on line 2!! or this will all be for not!

<?php
		$to = "PUT__YOUR__EMAIL__ADDRESS__HERE!!!";
?>
<html>
<head>
	<title>Contact Us</title>
</head>
<body>

<?
	if (isset($_POST['submit']))
	{

$headers  = "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n";
		$headers .= "Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1\r\n";
		$headers .= "From: ".$_POST['name']." <".$_POST['email'].">\r\n";
		$headers .= "Reply-To: <".$_POST['email'].">\r\n";
		$headers .= "X-Sender: <".$_POST['email'].">\r\n";
		$headers .= "X-Priority: 3\r\n"; //1 UrgentMessage, 3 Normal
		$headers .= "Return-Path: <webmaster@domain.com>\r\n";

if (@mail($to,$_POST['subject'],$_POST['message'],$headers))
		{
			echo "<h2>Your message was submitted</h2>";
		}
		else
		{
			echo "<h2><b>Whoops we seemed to have encountered an error submitting your message!</b></h2>";
		}
	}
	else
	{
		echo printForm();
	}

echo "\n</body>\n</html>";
	exit();

function printForm()
	{

$html  = "\n\t<form method=\"post\">";
		$html .= "\n\t<table width=\"550\" border=\"0\">";

$html .= "\n\t\t<tr>";
		$html .= "\n\t\t\t<td align=\"right\">Your Name:</td>";
		$html .= "\n\t\t\t<td><input type=\"text\" name=\"name\" size=\"35\" maxlength=\"255\" value=\"\"></td>";
		$html .= "\n\t\t</tr>";

$html .= "\n\t\t<tr>";
		$html .= "\n\t\t\t<td nowrap align=\"right\">Your Email Address:</td>";
		$html .= "\n\t\t\t<td><input type=\"text\" name=\"email\" size=\"35\" maxlength=\"75\" value=\"\"></td>";
		$html .= "\n\t\t</tr>";

$html .= "\n\t\t<tr>";
		$html .= "\n\t\t\t<td align=\"right\">Subject:</td>";
		$html .= "\n\t\t\t<td><input type=\"text\" name=\"subject\" size=\"35\" maxlength=\"255\" value=\"\"></td>";
		$html .= "\n\t\t</tr>";

$html .= "\n\t\t<tr>";
		$html .= "\n\t\t\t<td align=\"right\">Message:</td>";
		$html .= "\n\t\t\t<td><textarea name=\"message\" rows=\"15\" cols=\"55\"></textarea></td>";
		$html .= "\n\t\t</tr>";

$html .= "\n\t\t<tr>";
		$html .= "\n\t\t\t<td align=\"right\">&nbsp; </td>";
		$html .= "\n\t\t\t<td align=\"center\"><input name=\"submit\" type=\"submit\" value=\"Submit\"></td>";
		$html .= "\n\t\t</tr>";

$html .= "\n\t</table>";
		$html .= "\n\t</form>";

return $html;
	}
?>

some other things you could do to improve the quality of this is validing the users email address or even appending there IP address, perhaps adding this to the users text:

$_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"]
which in my case would be:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0

that would show the users OS and browser type this would be particulary useful if they had a problem accessing your homepage ... aka there using firefox and you've designed your webpage for IE with CSS (since Microsoft has there own css standards) etc... etc...

Hi,
You can get the exact form that you are looking for at [SNIP], no tutorials, no headache, just upload your form page to your web site.

Genesisgrace

Hey all,

I figured for my new website that it is easier to have a contact us form, instead of just having my e-mail address. I have searched Google and Hotscripts (http://hotscripts.com) and I have not found anything that is free and easy. I am looking for a first name field, e-mail address, subject (drop down menu) and message. I want all that information sent to me from the form. My server supports PHP, and most other file types. Does anyone know where to find this information? (I would prefer if it was already built, instead of a tutorial.)

Thanks,

Internet_Sense

Internet Sense

Internet News, Articles, and More!

Member Avatar for diafol

Seeing as you're a newbie, I won't downvote you, but get a grip. This thread is over 4 years old. If you want to contribute, pick a current-ish thread or start your own.

If this thread were over, how comes you are reading it?! There is always something to learn from the new and the old. This thread is still up for a reason.

If you don't want to build anything and simply want to copy a code and paste your web page to capture information, try http://www.quickwebform.com. It's free.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.