Hi I make a php file upload script and uploaded in my ftp server. And works fine when I changed the permission of the folder into full ( ie world can write, execute and read ) . The images are saved in that folder......
How much it is secured ?? Is any one can view this folder or any Hack ???

Please Help me ...

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You should be fine as long as you only allow certain file types to be uploaded. For instance, you don't want people to be able to upload files that may contain malicious code to your website. You will want to check the file type of what is being uploaded to ensure that it is an image. If you've already done that, you shouldn't have any problems.

let's say you have uploaded "abc.JPEG" on that directory... if someone knows the directory name and the "abc.JPEG", they could just directly type that on the URL and they get to access "abc.JPEG".

Well if that were the case, you could write a .htaccess file that only allows requests from localhost to access the files in the directory.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.