I have developed a site in PHP 5.26, which is running perfectly from the development server. But after uploading the site to the Web server, it is not working. The server is running PHP 4.4. I haven't used any specific features of PHP 5, so the site should have worked fine in PHP 4.4 also.

I am not getting any errors, but no output either. All I can see is a blank page.

Is there a way to find out if the code is not working due to version incompatibility ?

Another problem I am getting is that some popup windows are opening, but not closing automatically from the
window.close() - javascript statement. If I check the code from the 'View Page Source' option, I can see that the entire <SCRIPT>..</SCRIPT> section is missing. What could be the reason for this ?

Thanks

I have developed a site in PHP 5.26, which is running perfectly from the development server. But after uploading the site to the Web server, it is not working. The server is running PHP 4.4. I haven't used any specific features of PHP 5, so the site should have worked fine in PHP 4.4 also.

I am not getting any errors, but no output either. All I can see is a blank page.

Is there a way to find out if the code is not working due to version incompatibility ?

Another problem I am getting is that some popup windows are opening, but not closing automatically from the
window.close() - javascript statement. If I check the code from the 'View Page Source' option, I can see that the entire <SCRIPT>..</SCRIPT> section is missing. What could be the reason for this ?

Thanks

I would start with looking in the error log. and maybe also add this at top of your script
error_reporting(E_ALL);

in php.ini enable the display of error:
display_errors = On;
display_startup_errors = true;

This may help you to spot errors

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.