Hi im new to the site and my question is why wont my php files display in my browser?
I have 10 years exp with html but i turned my site over to a developer he put in php.
Now when i go to upload my site to a different domain it wont show.
Is it possible for me to be locked out from posting my sites when and where ever and its my server. Also i have created a fresh .com on my server and when i upload i get nothing. HELP PLEASE!!!

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by almostbob

It does i have 4 sites up that arre the same.
They were posted by my developer and when i try it doesnt work. I am currently working through the FTP to see the server itself and not expressions. i think i may be missing a file, so i am comparing both file managers

ok what is your domain?
You have to make sure that your server support php

You cant just view them.
They are web pages, they are code.
They run on a server then the server returns the HTML. Thats why its dynamic.

Sure your server supports PHP?

this is the only error I get in the about us page

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_USER_AGENT in /home/www/fairfieldlimousine/mission.php on line 25

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_USER_AGENT in /home/www/fairfieldlimousine/mission.php on line 31

in this domain www.fairfieldlimousine.com

this is the only error I get in the about us page

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_USER_AGENT in /home/www/fairfieldlimousine/mission.php on line 25

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_USER_AGENT in /home/www/fairfieldlimousine/mission.php on line 31

in this domain www.fairfieldlimousine.com

In php versions >=4.20 global variables are turned off anti hacking security
HTTP_USER_AGENT does not exist, ($HTTP_USER_AGENT )

the old domains are running an old(V.old) version of php or have had register_globals turned on to allow bad(old) code to run

the new domain has a newer version of php, or one that has not been altered

now it is $_SERVER

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Take the time to help us to help you. Please be thoughtful and detailed and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.