My strength is not java script and with the complex issues of dealing with the Vbulletin interface and then the java script which i do not really understand yet fully I hopeing some good soul will come to my add fast and get me through this.

I do not expect that I will find someone that has the knowelage of vbulletin but I need to be correct java script first but if someone knows Vbulletin i modifyed the calendar_jump which is calendarjump in the templete system.

Here goes the problem is my form is not calling up my java script - even allought the java is not doing anything right now I have dump some idea of what i want to do inside it for clearlty to my idea what i am trying to do!

The point is I need my java script function "process_selected(this.form)" to be called before the submitting of the form in the form of a $_GET to the server.

<script type="text/javascript"> function process_selected(this.form) {
             on.form.submit();

}

</script>

<form action="calendar.php" method="get">

<div class="smallfont" style="text-align:$stylevar; white-space:nowrap">

<input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]" />

<input type="hidden" name="month" value="$month" />

<input type="hidden" name="year" value="$year" />

<input type="hidden" name="do" value="$docalendar" />

<strong>$vbphrase[Lodge_Calendar]</strong><br />

<select name="c" >

<optgroup label="$vbphrase[please_select_one]">

$jumpcalendarbitsl

</optgroup>

<input type="hidden" name="me" value='2'" />

</select>

<input type="submit" class="button" value="$vbphrase[go]" onclick="process_selected(this.form)" <br />

</div>

</form>

Please review the posting above and tell me what i am doing wrong to have the handshaking between my form and the java script WHY IS IT NOT BEING CALLED.

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

Contributors
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by essential

The first thing that you must do is give your form's a unique id(s) which you will be needing to call your form(s) in a javascript function's.

<html>
<head>
<title>demo</title><script type="text/javascript">
<!--
function submitForm() {
if (document.all) {
document.forms['myform'].submit(); }
else { document.getElementById('myform').submit(); } }
 // which "myform" is the given id in your form.
//-->
</script>
</head>
<body>
<form id="myform" action="calendar.php" method="get">
<div>
<input type="text" name="txt" id="txt" /> <button name="btn" id="btn" onclick="submitForm();">Submit</button>
</div>
</form>
<div><p>Another way to submit a form using a hyperlink <a href="javascript:submitForm();">Sumbit</a></p></div>
</body>
</html>

This is just an example of how to submit a form w/o using a submit button. Hope you find this usefull...

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.