hiii all,
iam doing a project in asp.net and the back end is sql server.
so when i tried the connection code it gives me an server error
"Cannot open database "C:/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/MSSQL.1/MSSQL/Data/projdb.mdf" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'YOGESH\Owner'.

"

Recommended Answers

Hi..

Here may be you not are passing the Login correctly or connection string formed is incorrect...
Best way is to get your connection string from Server Explorer in Visual studio

Chk this :

Jump to Post

All 4 Replies

Vizy,
iam using windows authentication in the project so sql username and password are not involved....
I tried ur idea of connection string and mah problem is almost solved..but still an exception is gettin occured.
i guess dis tym der is a problem in mah code.
so following is mah code:

Dim constr As String
             constr = "Data Source=YOGESH\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=projdb;Integrated Security=True"
        Dim conn As New SqlConnection(constr)
        Dim cmd As New SqlCommand(constr, conn)
        Dim rd As SqlDataReader
        cmd.CommandText = "select * from employee where emp_name='txtname.text'"
        conn.Open()

Try
            rd = cmd.ExecuteReader()
            GridView1.DataSource = rd
            GridView1.DataBind()
            rd.Close()
            conn.Close()
        Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox("exception occured:", MsgBoxStyle.Critical)
            MsgBox.show(ex.Message, MsgBoxStyle.Critical)

End Try

basicallly iam tryin to fetch the details of the employee whose name is entered in the textbox of the form from the database and display the same in a gridview
so after entering the name when i click the submit button an exception stating"exception occured" is gettin displayed..
plzzzzz suggest the changes..

thanxx for ur reply.

hi, I faced below problem retrieving the data from sqlserver . How to solve this problem

An exception of type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException' occurred in System.Data.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

hi,

try like this

constr = "Data Source=YOGESH\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=projdb;Integrated Security=false"
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.